Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Gluten-Free Baking... Rediscovering a Hobby

I've taken a huge break from my baking passion since I found gluten was a trigger for more migraines for me.  Recently though, I've been tinkering with baking again and having success!  I've had plenty of flops too, so I wanted to share the two resources for gluten-free baking that have had the same feeling of warm, cozy goodness as wheat-flour-based baking.  I most wanted a gluten-free biscotti and googled my options and... had three flops in a row!  Not to be discouraged, I tried a fourth and it was a success!

I substituted almond extract and added sliced almonds, bits of dark chocolate, and diced, crystalized ginger.  Yum! I've also tried cinnamon rolls from her website which were yummy.  Brittany Angel has a lot of free content, but I would have purchased a subscription if not for my new bible of gluten free baking!

I've enjoyed America's Test Kitchen in the past, but their cookbook on gluten-free baking is spectacular!  I have made successful: flaky biscuits, coffee cake, pumpkin bread, lemon pound cake, blueberry muffins, ginger molasses cake, and oatmeal raisin cookies!  Some of them have disappeared so quickly that I haven't had a chance to get pictures, but here are two:



So, those are two resources that I have found really helpful in rediscovering this hobby that used to give me such pleasure.  Back to the aromas of fresh baking pampering our household each week... tonight, fluffy dinner rolls to match the chicken pot pie that's our new favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment