Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

To the End of the Trees and Back Again

While I usually walk to the white fence and back again because I love the varied forest and the fairly flat slope which lets me focus on the nature without the strain of climbing, sometimes I turn left out of the driveway and do our other walk, To the End of the Trees and Back Again.  


As I said, I turn left, and then I pass our giant water tank.

The road slopes up and the edge drops down, away into redwood forest.

It's almost all redwoods this direction and very little sun gets through, just little beams like on the  top right tree here... it's very shady and quiet.

As I get closer to the meadow, there are some deciduous trees and...
... you can start to see the sun and...

from the last home at the edge of the woods you can start to see...

out and over the hills...

with bright sun and...

lovely views.


Then I turn back and the line of going into the redwoods' shade is so clear.

Moss and ferns love the coolness.



And the road winds on...

past exposed roots until I see...

my home peeking through the trees...



and I pass the mailbox and...

arrive home :)


No comments:

Post a Comment