Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, November 12, 2010

Happy Husband


I have a very contented husband :)  He's working on thrilling stuff.  He's comfy and enjoying desk deliveries of tea, coffee, goodies.  He can video chat with his buddies / co-workers whenever needed.  He's still fighting a nagging cough, but hard work on interesting stuff is good medicine for making him happy.  So, first week of working from home was a full success!

Other things to share:
• awesome poem
• History Through Art FREE lectures continue!  This is great fun for elementary grade kids :)  
• This week's Objectivist Round Up

Cute antics:
• responding to Andrew's comment, "You may be getting better at chess than I am." with, "Then we might as well play a game!"
• after reading about how Sauron "lacked" only the ring to gain full power again, he asked us to explain what lack meant and then he commented "He wants to un-lack it!"
• comments from Lord of the Rings Clue:
"Suppose Galadriel was a bad guy carrying an axe in Rohan."
"I've never seen Sauron with arrows in his backpack."
"Suppose Sauron is guilty of sneakily holding a battering ram on his head in Hobbiton."
• Now, the Lord of the Rings Clue is slipping into our regular Clue game.  Just put on your imagination cap and picture each bit of this suggestion from my kiddo, "I suggest Colonel Mustard took one huge revolver, big as a battering ram, in the ballroom."  (Hmmm, under such a weight did he waltz or perhaps tango?  Such actions would certainly give away the identity of the murderer!)

Awww, my happy reader sound asleep with a book on the chest.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your next post. I know you are busy, but I always enjoy what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine: Thank you so much for the note :) It's nice to get that feedback and I have some awesome cute antics to share this week!

    ReplyDelete