Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our Own Cider

It is very cool that Andrew got to bottle hard cider made from our own apple trees!  We couldn't have guzzled enough before the apples rotted and now this will keep nicely and be delightful to share.  Yay for our friend who has lots of experience making beer which is, apparently, quite a similar process.


Other things to share:
This week's Objectivist Round Up.
Where Andrew starts work November first... I booked his flight to San Francisco!
I'm going here for my birthday tomorrow... so looking forward to a non-moving focus for a few hours!  (Oooo, just realized that's a bad pun because the restaurant moves (rotates) and part of what I'm anticipating is watching the sunset!)
Cute antics:
• commenting frequently when watching a movie he'd already watched with Daddy, "I thought so", "As I expected".
Story:
Yesterday, I tried again to see if my kiddo could pay attention to a full Lower Elementary History class (thirty minute recording) because I'd so love to enroll him with my teacher. (Results still ambiguous, but we'll see.)  Anyway, I played him the first class and today we were picking out a spelling word for the week and I suggested the new word he learned from Mr. Powell.  He didn't remember, so I prompted "puh".
He grinned and declared, "Pinocchio!"
Ya, well that is more complicated to spell, but I was shooting for "plethora"! 



That would be a very kind auntie tipping the bowl of potato leek soup so Cameron could use two spoons to scoop every last morsel... no shortage of enthusiasm here!

No comments:

Post a Comment