Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, October 1, 2010

October Glee

Yay, it's my favorite month! It's the month that says the end of summer heat and the start of autumn briskness and colorful delights.  It's the month of pumpkins, squash, corn mazes and so many smells of homey baking.  It's the month of leaves falling through slanting sunshine on a crisp morning where every part of me delights to be breathing and seeing and enjoying this world.  
My favorite walk near our house... I don't often go alone :)
(He's a tiny dot between the trees.)
Other things to share:
This week's Objectivist Round Up.
An inspirational poem/song from a friend.
A neat way for the computer lighting to help you get sleepier.
Cute antics:

• coining the word "un-rare-est" (as a synonym for "common")
• after a taste of Andrew's ouzo, he pronounced "It's a horrible kind of drink."
• calling Andrew "Dear", laughing, and then declaring, "I'm not your wife.  I'm so silly."  ("Dear" is one many endearments we share regularly instead of names.)
• placing a button in the hand cleaner bottle (When I discovered it and expressed my confusion, he said it needed to get clean.)
• stating he would need a "gentle factory" to make bee-bees or the "big chomppers" would crush them.
• getting a wee bit confused on world geography, "Brazil is the only country in Africa that speaks Chinese."  (Hmmm, a bit more work with that new world map we put up seems to be in order!)

No comments:

Post a Comment