Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, August 20, 2010

Dunked

If it's 100F and your husband really wants to practice canoe safety... it's time to get dumped in the lake!  We had a family outing to a nearby lake where we tied up to buoy and practiced getting back into the canoe after some dramatic falls into the lake :)


Other things to share:


This week's Objectivist Round Up.


Cute antics:

• when I called downstairs to Andrew with, "Your son is almost through with another 200 page book!"  Cameron corrected me, "NO! I'm just at 159... [flipping sound] 160."
• insisting that he would eat wombats in Australia!  (Um, we were talking about eating fish and sea weed if we lived on a boat.  Then we got to talking about the animals in Australia and Andrew was joking about eating koala bears and somehow we got on wombats and Cameron was adamant, while laughing, that he would partake!)
• conversation while putting together legos:
Cameron: Beef! Beef!
Rachel: What?
Cameron: The lego beef.  No, steak.
[Thoroughly perplexed, I paused in the dishes to understand this mysterious communication.]
Cameron: I almost have the stove made I'm proud of myself.
[Ah, that would be a little lego turkey leg that goes in an oven in the house he was building.  I didn't realize food was involved, so lego beef or steak were equally confusing!]

No comments:

Post a Comment