Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Toy Story Three

I could hear my husband laughing from my seat way at the back.  Watching Toy Story III together was a sheer delight.  I'm afraid I get motion sick, especially with 3D movies.  Sitting way at the back keeps me from getting queasy, but my guys were right and in the center and loving the action :)  It was an awesome family outing.


Other things to share:


This week's Objectivist Round Up.


Cute antics:
• hopping into a building with only one shoe on.  Why? Because, he decided to leave the other shoe in the car.
• taking to starting all sentences, even requests, with "of course".  For example regarding the tape player, "Of course.  Turn it back on."
• singing HMS Pinafore with full drama while playing with his legos, "What never?", "No, never.", "What never?", Well, hardly ever!"
• commenting as he finished some jerky, "I want more because I'm a carnivore." (He was highly pleased with his rhyme.)
• responding to a taste of Daddy's Gin, "Absolutely not!"
• deciding as we floated along the river that he only understood the words "uno" and "roho". (It lasted five minutes.)
• laughing at our paddling errors with, "You got me wet.  What a lovely mistake!"  (I was all grins.  Now, if I can only get him using "delightful", he'll have both of my favorite adjectives that I know I overuse.)
• coming up with the idea of a Hobbit based clue board which we made together.  As of the first game, Bilbo did it with a knife in the Misty Mountains.  I think it would have been much more engaging though if had been Beorn with the black arrow in Rivendell or Thorin with Smaug's fire in Hobitton!  
• grabbing my legs from behind at the top of stairs, he responded to my startled "Cameron!" with a long list of I-didn't-knows culminating with, "I didn't know that you could have fallen down the stairs!"  (Having enough time for my heart rate to come down, I asked how he knew now and he told me, "I figured it out when you startled me."  Sigh.  It's nice to know he'd figure out the problem as I was catapulting down the stairs, but a little forethought would keep my bones intact!)

No comments:

Post a Comment