Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Back From Vacation and... the Game!

After views like this

and this

and this

and this

and this


I was feeling properly pampered with ocean love!

My son was not quite as enamored with the scenery, but I had a plan!  I sent ahead several new games to discover as the week went on and, while the first one didn't shine, the second one was wonderful.

















Rush Hour Jr
Talk about cool and engaging and the adults kept crowding around to try and play!  So, the dilemma is that you've got an ice cream truck stuck in a traffic jam (gasp, choke, moan).

Child to the rescue!

They set up the traffic jam as viewed on the card and then they can move the cars, trucks, buses forwards and backwards (no side moving or flying cars) until the ice cream truck is able to drive out of the traffic jam (small opening on the side of the board).  The levels go from beginner (one scoop) all the way up to expert (banana split)!  So, we have a cool game that allows a kid to play independently and starts easily enough for them to get hooked on the challenge.  As a bonus, it comes with a bag that can hold everything.  (There's a free iPhone application and an older kid version available too, but the top levels were challenging the grown ups.)

This game brought hours of happiness for my kiddo and break time for grown ups.  I highly recommend it appears the next time you want to add some spunk to a vacation/ playroom or some smiles to birthday kid :)

No comments:

Post a Comment