Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, June 18, 2010

It's the last day of school and I tried a cherimoya!

A what?
A cherimoya!
This tropical fruit tastes as odd as it looks... a kind of pineapple, marshmallow, berryish flavor.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherimoya


Other things to share :
I'm absolutely loving listing to the Grammar Girl podcast!  I'm going through all the ones still up on the iTunes feed (about 5 minutes each) and I may just get better with all this education!  Here's an example about "Which" Versus "That".
Hyperlexia now has a Wikipedia page.  Cameron certainly started here, but has progressed to much greater understanding.
An amazing visual of the "budget cuts" that speaks volumes! 
This week's Objectivist Round Up.


Cute antics:


• after I mentioned that I still heard the water running in the bathroom, he said "I didn't understand that.  Are you speaking in German or French." (Isn't that the natural cause for a misunderstanding?)
• walking downstairs with his arms full, he dumped everything on the couch and declared, "I have 21 socks and 10 underwear."  (That was how much he needed to be prepared for a hike.)
• and yesterday's Facebook Status-
Rachel is relieved it wasn't worse.  The bathtub stopped and I heard a matter of fact, "I'm sad."
"Oh?"
"Do I have to pay?"
"For what?"
"I broke the bath tub."

Note to self: Check bathtub toys.

When a child chooses a rock as a bathtub toy, chipping of porcelain is likely to occur.  After his introductory remarks, I remain relieved it wasn't worse!  
(The lovely thing about allowance is that he can buy the repair kit himself!)

No comments:

Post a Comment