Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Monday, May 31, 2010

Update #2: Autobiographical (Episodic) Memory

A new board to work on autobiographical memory!  I switched it for the first time... a little late, but it was about the month I was shooting for.



This kid amazes me!!!  We took our time reviewing and discussing these pictures of Cameron reading and this is what he came up with!

I am a person who: 
• has a jiffy brain
• can read hard books even to late-in-the-year fourth graders
• works hard
• wants to learn new things all the time
• is able to do things by myself

Talk about evaluating reality and forming a solid foundation for self-esteem!  That last picture is him reading "The Brave Little Tailor" as one of his bedtime books.  He often reads for an hour or more, so this was a topic that provided for lots of examples of his progress from two day old infant where he couldn't even hold his head up to independent reader of "late-in-the-year fourth grader" books today.  I also included one of me reading more complicated books to him.  After finishing the full Harry Potter series and Black Beauty, we're reading through Little House on the Prairie  (the inclusion provided discussion about the books he could understand and how the reading difficulty has progressed, starting with listening).  I know it's going to get harder to come up with topics that progress like this, but hiking and reading boards have been awesome.  If I can hand him a photo album with boards from a year, that would be fabulous.  I'm still so in love with this idea!


No comments:

Post a Comment