Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Monday, April 19, 2010

Update: Autobiographical (Episodic) Memory




I implemented the first board this afternoon and it was a full success!  We talked about each picture and compared how he'd changed.  Then, I printed out a 4x6 card to fill in that said:
Look at my hiking pictures!
I'm a person who...

After lots of discussion, we wrote on the the five lines:
tries hard
can hike places most six year olds can't
is getting more independent
learns new things
gets up when I fall, unless I can't 

He has come back to the board several times throughout the evening and moved it to a spot he could see it better.



I'm glowing :)  I ordered a photo album and will slip the 4x6 pictures along with the filled-in card for each month into it so that he can keep them to review and perhaps come back to after further growth.  

No comments:

Post a Comment