Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Friday, March 5, 2010

Harry Potter Glee

I started reading Harry Potter to Cameron and he's absolutely loving it!  I'm doing the same thing that I did with Anne of Green Gables.
- If there's a really long descriptive passage, I abbreviate.
- We write down "What we Know" and "?s we have" every few paragraphs. (Technique Link)
- We watch the scenes from the movie after we've read them first.
- We discuss... a lot.  Have I mentioned how much Cameron loves to process verbally!



Other things to share:


This week's Objectivist Round Up:  
http://rationaljenn.blogspot.com/2010/03/objectivist-round-up-138.html

A comercial that Andrew was playing on youtube which just had me laughing and shaking my head with bewilderment at the same time:


My latest post was inspired by a question, so if you'd like to make topic suggestions, this could be a nice format: http://www.formspring.me/RACHELMINER
I don't mind questions though and I might do a post on question answers if there's enough interest!

Cute antics:
• clearly eavesdropping on our evening, downstairs conversation because when I was teasing Andrew about forgetting to make a school lunch and Andrew answered, "So, he won't have lunch.",  we heard an adamant voice from upstairs, "I want lunch!"

• describing a Harry Potter scene to Andrew, he asked me, "What's the other kind of cobra?"
(Um, that would be a Boa constrictor.)

• complimenting me on being a "good watcher" when he's doing legos.  He doesn't need much help (I'm usually listening to a book, while I observe.)  But, catching a misplacement early makes a big difference in these kits with hundreds of pieces.  The full line was, "I'm a good builder.  You're a good watcher."   Touching.  So, touching.





• discussing school yesterday, "I don't want the easiness to last forever."  (He has a separate desk for when the classroom activities are too easy for him and he just informed me that the activities there had become too easy as well.  We went through workbooks at home, so he's set with something more challenging for tomorrow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment