Me and my kiddo

Me and my kiddo

Saturday, December 26, 2009

An Ode to Zelda

I couldn't have had a more leisurely holiday and Zelda for the Wii has been the key.  My husband and son are absolutely mesmerized!  So, the day before our holiday party... I had four hours to roll dough and toss apples and happily tinker while they enjoyed a quest filled with quality father-son time.  Our holiday was fully festive with presents and a small feast for six guests and lots of cozy visiting time.  Now, it's the day after and I'm getting caught up on house and home to-dos while they're Wii focused again.  It's been so leisurely and pleasant and, whenever they take a break, I'm more than ready to have some play time.  While Andrew slept in this morning, Cameron and I even finished all the thank you cards together.  I'm feeling like power mom!  It's amazing how much you can do with some concentrated time breaks!


Other notes to share:


This week's delightful Objectivist Roundup: http://ramenandrand.blogspot.com/2009/12/objectivist-roundup-christmas-edition.html


and, the best of this week's "cute antics":


• yelling "Want to see me drowning!"  (Um, no!  This was his gleeful way of communicating that he was going to hold his breath under water.)

• coining new playful insults with calling me a "tickly gosh" and "Mrs. Trombone"  (I was wounded to the quick :) )

• telling me a sample of my 85% chocolate went to his dumpster

• asking "Why do M&Ms only have one m on them?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment